Here I will post problems I and my colleagues met and solutions we found.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Application Architecture Guide 2.0

I am currently reading Application Architecture Guide 2.0 I wouldn't say that this is a revolutionary document, but I enjoy reading. I find it very aligned with the way I see the subject, and as it is often the case, it helps me organize my thoughts by putting everything into it's place.

One of the things I would recommend this paper for is it's not just theory or collection of "design patterns". With all my respect for the latter, many authors just abuse the term and sound very far from real world of day-to-day developers. Here I find some practical advices, key points that should not be missed when creating application architecture and common mistakes. There is also understanding of the real world by acknowledgment that development became "agile". And again, the term is not abused.

The volume is quite big, and there are many repetitions, so I just somewhere in the first quarter of the document. Hopefully the last three quarters will be as good as first one.

No comments: